This dip is a real “simple” party pleaser. Mary-Ellen made it recently for a group of us to have with our wine before we went out to dinner. We enjoyed it so much, we barely had room for the main course!
This recipe is so simple … no cooking involved!
- 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, drained and mashed with a fork
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of one lime
- Salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 cup fresh salsa, drained of excess juice
- 1 cup farmer’s cheese or Mexican crumbling cheese
Mix together black beans, chipolte, and garlic and place in the bottom of a serving bowl or pretty mexican dish and level with spatula. Mash the avocados and mix with the lime juice and salt & pepper. Spread on top of the beans. Layer the rest of the ingredients as follows: sour cream, salsa, and top with cheese. Serve with tortilla chips and crackers.
This dip is great when paired with a nice buttery chardonnay or Mexican beer. Olé!!!